At St. Vrain Cidery we love cider and believe in its ability to bring people together. That’s why we champion all kinds of cider in our taproom while pouring our hearts into making our own. And while we’re serious about the process, we sure have a lot of fun along the way. That’s the balance we strike at St. Vrain Cidery, crafting big, bold ciders with personalities as unique as our own.
We’re committed to building a diverse team that represents many perspectives, skills, and experiences. Incorporating cider evangelists from a wide range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds enriches our ability to deliver best-in-class customer experience and contributing to setting us apart.
Part-time (15-25 hours per week with the possibility to grow to full-time) | $20.00 hr
The primary responsibility of a Delivery Driver/Merchandiser is to provide best-in-class service to our wholesale customers and to help them keep their shelves and bars stocked. St. Vrain Cidery (SVC) currently delivers to the Front Range from Pueblo to Fort Collins and west up to Vail. You would be key in introducing our products to the Colorado marketplace and helping SVC grow to be a household name in Colorado.
The Delivery Driver/Merchandiser has a wide range of responsibilities (not limited to):
- Pulling inventory, loading and unloading cases and kegs of cider to our retail partners (‘accounts’).
- Stopping into accounts to check shelves and to help them restock from their backstock inventory, if needed.
- Asking for payment on accounts that leave checks for us to pick-up.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork; neat and legible.
- Working with sales team to identify new opportunities for growth in the Colorado marketplace.
- Create strong relationships with all vendors and customers who interact with SVC.
- Schedule and attend public tastings at off-site events and retail locations.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance needs and report to management.
- Collaborate with other staff within the cidery, as needed, to achieve company goals.
- Driving and delivery experience (2+ years).
- Best-in-class customer service, required (2+ years).
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Read, write and speak English.
- Friendly and approachable. Smile. Ability to chat it up with strangers.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail and desire for excellence.
- Strong problem solving.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
Required for Consideration
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Criminal Background check and Clean Driving Record.
- No moving violations, DUIs, or DWIs on current driving record.
- Knowledge of the cider industry preferred but not required. Must be willing to learn.
- Sales experience (2+ years)
- Be highly self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a small sales team.
- Analytical thinker.
- The ability to work in high pressured and fast paced environment while staying focused, calm and professional.
What to Expect
- A lot sitting and driving for long periods of time. Spending up to an hour or longer driving to a delivery destination.
- Heavy lifting of cases and kegs (1/6 bbls and 1/2 bbls) using a dolly and other equipment, with weights of up to 250lbs.
- Lifting, twisting, squatting, and bending throughout the day.
- Working in all-weather conditions; including days with very hot temperatures, raining, and snowing.
- Fun and growing company with lots of potential growth.
We have very high expectations from our team and for our place in the industry and we want your help to be the best. We value communication, honesty, ability to take and provide feedback when things could be better. As a start-up company trying to make our mark in the world, we work very hard and we are looking for someone with a shared work ethic who would like to grow with us.
We hope to provide you with a dynamic position in a fast-growing industry, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team of equally hard working individuals, all with the goal of making St. Vrain Cidery a household name.
We look forward to having you on board for this spectacular ride!
Send Resume to [email protected].