PT Cider Slinger (Bartender)
PT on Weekends | $15.38 per hour plus pooled tips | Manager training opportunity for the right candidate
A Cider Slinger is a vital position within our small company, and works with management and ownership to ensure that everyone who enters our taproom has an experience that exceeds their expectations. Fulfilling this position requires availability to work regularly on Saturdays and Sundays, both. Shifts are generally 6 hours long. If you prefer to work longer shifts that can be arranged.
Above all else, the Cider Slinger is expected to provide best-in-class service, offering customers a unique experience in the taproom (or off-site). Engaging with people of all backgrounds and having the opportunity to educate them about our offerings, and the Colorado cider industry, is an exciting and essential function of the position. The Cider Slinger will be approachable, have a great personality, and have a desire to work with a fast-growing start-up company with a lot of growth potential.
The focus in our taproom is always the customer experience, regardless of how busy we may be. Customer service is the key to our success as a start-up business and is the backbone of our company culture. We are all about creating an amazing and memorable customer experience.
“Great place, lovely people, and amazing cider choices!
A must-experience!” and “Excellent ciders, comfortable environment, and very friendly staff!” ~ Google Reviews *(4.8 out of 5 stars)
The Cider Slinger job includes, but is not limited to:
Behind the Bar
- Promptly greet a customer upon walking in the door
- Vocalize gratitude as a customer departs
- Ensure the taproom is always neat and clean by promptly; wiping tables, clearing and cleaning glassware, straightening chairs, re-folding blankets (in winter), checking patio for cleanliness
- When time allows, provide table service by checking in on customers at tables
- Assess restrooms during shift
- Clean and re-stocking as needed
- Maintain and ensure adherence to the opening, closing, and downtime procedures checklists
- Update checklists as needed to preserve accuracy
- Serve as the first line of defense or solution as situations arise while working behind the bar, always consulting management and ownership as soon as situations arise
- Be a vital part of Team Awesome and the growth and success of St. Vrain Cidery
- Receive, and maintain TiPs certification
Good to Know
Remember: We are all about creating an amazing and memorable customer experience.
We have high expectations for our company and need your help to be the best in the industry. Our values include communication, honesty, and teamwork. And, as a start-up, we work very hard – we have to.
Our goal is to make St. Vrain Cidery a household brand. To that end, our work model is modern (Results-Focused Work Environment), this position is dynamic within a fast-growing industry, and there are opportunities to work with, and learn from, an amazing team of knowledgeable and hard-working individuals.
Our Taproom’s mission is to be a destination for all Colorado cider. If you love cider, you want to come to us. With 36-taps, over 20 guest taps; we have something here for everyone and we want you to help each customer fall in love with cider. Not only with our very own award-winner ciders, but with all Colorado cider.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a Resume with a brief introduction of themselves and why you are interested in the position to [email protected].
We continue to use high sanitation standards with regular sanitizing of surfaces and regular hand washing. Sanitizer will remain set up around the taproom and patio for staff and customers to use. For those who are 100% vaccinated, masks are optional.