Executive Food Truck Chef
Executive Food Truck Chef
PT on Weekends with FT potential | $20-$30 hour based on experience. Revenue sharing and potential equity in SVC possible for the right candidate
The Executive Food Truck Chef is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Food Truck operations while directing and participating in meal preparation on the Food Truck. To be successful in this position, you must be able to create a winning menu and have the operational know-how to build a successful food truck. You will possess strong time management, business and financial sense and stellar leadership skills. You will need to bring a passion for food truck culture and enjoy giving exceptional customer experiences.
This isn’t your typical position. We are a start-up company and we need a passionate, savvy person to help us succeed. We will offer a revenue sharing option for the right candidate. In return for helping us turn the food truck into a successful business you will receive equity in the company. Meaning, ff the food truck does well, you will do will. This is a position for someone looking to start their own small business but may not want to take on all the risks that entails. We pool the risk and the successes. We both invest in each other’s futures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of food truck
- Responsible for the design of and execution of an innovative menu
- Coordinate, direct and participate in the preparation of the food. Work to ensure consistency in quality, portion and presentation
- Create recipe book with pictures, product specification, and detailed preparation steps
- Hire, train and supervise food truck staff
- Ensure food truck staff members follow proper sanitation procedures
- Maintain required records including food production, inventory, income/expense, meal counts and personnel records.
- Plan for and purchase food as well as completing prep support as needed
- Research vendors for best pricing and product availability
- Maintain high level of cleanliness and kitchen maintenance
- Work closely with public health department to maintain licenses and permits for the unit
- Suggest equipment maintenance timelines
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards at all times in work areas and during food handling, production, and storage.
- Ensure culinary/kitchen staff always follow SVC procedures and policies especially opening and closing procedures.
- Achieve budget and sales expectations through active revenue enhancement.
- Responsible for filling in shifts when other employees are unavailable
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Expert knowledge of the restaurant or food truck cuisine and culture
- Advanced culinary skills including food preparation, flavor pairings and other cooking best practices
- Ability to develop unique recipes
- Have experience with food trucks/mobile food preparation (or at least the passion for food trucks and mobile chef)
- Current knowledge of trends in the food truck and restaurant industry
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local food handling regulations
- Comfortable training, directing and supervising kitchen staff
- Exceptional leadership skills, including motivation and goal-setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven history of providing best-in-class customer experiences
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Culinary school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Customer service experience
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat and bend for long periods of time, 8 hrs or more
- Ability to lift overhead, push and pull required
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs
- Walk up and down stairs
Note: All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
We have high expectations in our company and we want your help to be the best in the industry. We value communication, honesty, and teamwork and as a start-up company we work very hard – we have to. But, we hope to provide you with a, mostly, flexible work schedule, a dynamic position within a fast growing industry, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team of equally hard working individuals, all with the goal of making St. Vrain Cidery a household brand.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a Resume with a brief introduction of themselves and why you are interested in the position to [email protected].
“Great place, lovely people, and amazing 36 cider choices!
A must-experience!” and “Excellent ciders, comfortable environment, and very friendly staff!” ~ Google Reviews