Off-Site Event Contractor
Contract | Temporary | Hourly
8-15 hours per week, as needed
The primary responsibility of an Off-Site Event Contractor is to provide best-in-class service, offering customers and inquiring individuals at off-site events a unique experience that exceeds their expectations. He or she will use a consultative sales approach, acting as a liaison between the cidery and potential customers.
Engaging with people of all backgrounds and having the opportunity to educate them about our offerings, and the Colorado cider industry, is an exciting and essential function of the position. You should be approachable, have a great personality, and have a desire to work with a fast-growing start-up company with a lot of growth potential. You are key in introducing our products to the Colorado marketplace, so you must be as exCIDERed as we are!
The focus of off-site events is to expand our reach in Colorado to bring product and brand awareness to more people. We have secured several wine and beer festivals for the summer and fall season. We will also have other small events pop up here and there that may include tastings at local retail stores, farmer’s markets and tap takeovers at other taprooms and restaurants.
The Off-Site Cider Slinger job includes, but is not limited to:
- Prior to event date, confirm all details of each off-site event requirements including cider provisions, Covid-10 regulations, tent and weights specifications, and promotional items
- Maintains high standards of friendly customer service by promptly greeting all guests and being genuinely interested in their needs.
- Give concise yet engaging presentation of our cider and cidery while pouring samples and full-size pours. Presentation to include tasting profile, how our cider is made, what makes us stand out and where to find us in the area.
- Ensure the booth/tent area is always neat and clean
- Maintain and ensure adherence to the opening, closing, and down time procedures checklists
- Update checklists as needed to preserve accuracy and provide clear communication with the rest of the team
- Answer questions or direct people to the right person in the organization they should speak with
- Show appreciation when customers depart
- Be a vital and proud part of Team Awesome and the growth and success of St. Vrain Cidery
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Customer service oriented with a positive attitude, an openness and willingness to learn, and a desire to be held accountable and contribute to a team.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently with grace in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
- Very organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Available for part-time, on-call events.
- Be highly self-motivated and able to work independently (following direction from ownership)
- Knowledge of the cider industry (preferred)
- Kind demeanor – can speak comfortably and easily with strangers
- Sales prospecting skills
- Very strong customer service skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Must have the ability to use personal vehicle for deliveries and offsite events
- Receive, and maintain, TiPs certification
Required for Consideration
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
- No moving violations, DUIs, or DWIs on current driving record
- Availability to work weekends
To apply send a resume and short paragraph introducing yourself and why you are interested in the position to [email protected].